February 06, 2007
Been a while since I properly posted. Today being Waitangi Day I went to the Clive River celebrations and rode in the Waka with Sam and this was such a highlight for me. This was an excellent celebration at Clive for Waitangi Day. Ka Pai! Thankyou for the experience. I didn't count how many people were rowing with me but about sixty I think. Also the Food was excellent and the live performances (singing/dancing, Poi/waiata and everything modern) exhuberent and interesting.
Purchased Barry Crump's 'Hang on a Minute Mate' and also Murray Ball's 'Footrot Flats'. Wore Paua and a Sunhat.
No pun intended with the "spider" or New Zealand Weta! (This Icon is my profile image now with Blog Log (great software!).
Best, Kia ora. A Te Wa
waiata definition: genealogy song, structured in call and response form; oral history
waka definition: canoe, car, vechicle - mode of transportation; also refers to genealogy, coming from what Waka?
Kiaora tautoe katou
Kor te Mata taku mounga
Kor Tukituki taku awa
Kor Aotearoa taku iwi
Kor Heretaunga taku hapu
Kei te pirangi ahau ki te kaiako
Ko ..... taku matua
Ko ..... taku whaea
Ko HELENA taku ingoa
Ko waka rere rangi taku waka
Tena koutou tena koutou, tena koutoa katoa
Thanking and Complimenting a Speaker.
Kia ora________ mo to mihi.
Thankyou_________for your speech. ( note* mo and to should have a straight line across the top not quite a grave or acute ==> not sure of the shortcut with the alt codes.)
Ka pai mo to mihi___________.
Your speech was good_________.
Research: New Zealand - Maori Vocabulary
1) What is the meaning of the word 'Aotearoa'?
2) What is the Maori word for
* North Island?
* South Island?
* Stewart Island?
3)What is the longest place name in New Zealand and in the world (Hint:
4)What does the name mean?
5) What is the Maori name for Mount Cook?
6)What do these Maori greetings mean:
tena koe___________ kia ora_________________
tena korua_____________ haere mai_______________
tena koutou____________ haere ra________________
tena koutou tamariki ma_________________ e noho ra_________________
7) What does 'Kia ora koutou katoa' mean?_______________________
8) What are the Maori numerals for:
9) What are the Maori names for the days of the week?
10) What are the Maori names for the months of the year?
11) What do these commands mean?
Korero mai________ E noho?_____________
Nga iwi e
Nga iwi e
Kia kotahi ra
Te Moana Nui a Kiwa
Kia mau ra
Ki te mana motuhake
Me te aroha
Shop Perfume Emporium and save up to 70% off on over 7,000 designer fragrances.
- World Internet Summit - Australia
- Article for Jeff, Pinot Noir
- Population Counts
- Quality of Life Survey
- Hang on a Minute Mate
- The WetaHey all,Been a while since I properly post...
- Strong Annual Wage Growth Continues
- Google Translation
- An Example of a Translated Blog - French to Englis...
- 2007 Gallipoli Commemorations
- Focus on our Databases WHY BOTHER USING ONLINE DA...
- Blog networks
- Photos from Laos
- The Transactions and Proceedings of the Royal Soci...
- Health and Safety, First Aid
- ▼ February (22)
- ► 2008 (42)
- ► 2009 (16)
Blog roll - Getting ready to "shake and bake", RECIPES
- Radio New Zealand recipes - You can listen online to the National Programme, Concert Programme, International news, book reviews etc. I like listening to the National Radio Lectures, Documentaries and Forums - Brainstorm etc
- Radio stations to listen to in a civil emergency - from Get Through website
- Cuisine Magazine, website
- Annabel Langbein - (new zealander) a dinner for romance, food for eight mates, changing monthly menus
- NZ womans weekly/food
- Frugal Cuisine blog from Pepper in China
- Pigtitsandparsleysauce.co.nz - weekly budget $100. How to make your own shampoo etc
- Healthy Eating (help for food intolerances)
- Rachaelray (Recipes based usa) southamerican etc
- Cambodian food blog
- How to cook like an Italian
- CEO of Twitter, great networking source
- Public domain blog
- Google blog
- Google New Zealand blog
- Storiesforspeakers blog
- Storiesforspeakers blog 2
- Storiesforspeakers blog 3
- Storiesforspeakers blog 4
- TED Blog
- CT - story about recovery from sf
- Nat lib blog, nzpoetlaureate
- New Zealand Electronic Text Centre Blog
- HDL Readers
- Graduate Forum New Zealand blog
- NZ National Library tech blog
- Hdc landmarks history group blog
- Hastings Library news update blog
- East-in-sig blog
- Dunedin public Libraries news and reviews
- Library blog
- The Written Nerd
- Kaupapamaori link from core education, dereks blog
- Web Graphics How To Blog/Design-Web 2.0
- Interesting blogger from china, it, keyword rank, comment on current events
- Language courses, fees, victoria uni
JOB SEARCH and SCHOLARSHIPS/FUNDING
- What leading job site seek has to say about salaries
- Living wage in New Zealand
- New Zealand job search sites
- Lianza - jobs
- Fencepost /nz farm
- creative sector jobs (museums)
- careers.govt.nz - sign in for content
- Work and Income NZ - search for a job
- Entry Requirements for jobs in New Zealand
- careers.govt.nz/create a cv/resume using CV4U or search cv in search box to get further cv templates you can download in word.
- Careers.govt.nz/who_earns_what_ in _ New Zealand
- Trademe jobs Salary-guide by industry
- careerhub, massey
- seasonal work
- Statisphere - appendices, list of topics
- Statistics New Zealand (Search new free database Infoshare updated daily). Create Tables to see trends over time using Table Builder and Infoshare (Census Data and Key Summary data). Great freephone help. Download tables to excel. You can also upload. See release calandar, Stats in Demand, Technical notes, quick links. Can help with knowing your market.
- NZlive.com = funding
- New Zealand Universities (8).
- scholarships world.org
- wordpress - start putting your ideas down, use for communicating your value and IT competence